Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jane's Brownies

- My Mother-in-law gets credit for this. Anytime I take these brownies anywhere I get asked for the recipe. These brownies have a reputation and I have people request that I bring them for parties now. They aren't low fat...but if you want a chocolaty treat...they're perfect!

6 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (I use cocoa
instead because it's cheaper. The conversion is on
the side of the cocoa container)
1 1/2 C butter
3 1/3 C sugar
6 eggs
1 1/3 C flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 tsp. vanilla
- Melt butter, add other ingredients and mix together
until creamy. Pour in a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350
degrees for 1/2 hour. Cool and frost!

Brownie Frosting:
1/4 C butter
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (again I use
cocoa)
3 C powdered sugar
1/2 C milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
- This is only a guide. I never measure when I make
frosting. Just keep tasting and adding until it's
yummy!

No comments: