Friday, January 25, 2008

Pork Roast With Chutney

I had something similar to this at a lady's home and looked at a couple of recipes to come up with my own creation. Dane loved it! It really doesn't have to be exact, have fun!

1 Pork Roast
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c vinegar (Use white or rice vinegar. I'm not sure if apple cider vinegar would be too strong.)
1/2 c raisins
1/2 c dried apricots quartered (I did a bag of small apricots and put it all in.)
2 apples chopped small
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon

Put the dried fruits and brown sugar and spices in a small pan and cover with water then boil on the stovetop a few minutes. Mix vinegar in then pour over pork roast in the crockpot for 4-6 hours on high. To serve, put whole pork roast in a dish and spoon dried fruits on top of it. Slice roast and put dried fruit on each serving. Use a slotted spoon for removing the fruit so your roast isn't swimming in juice.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I made this for Jane while she was here and she really liked it! We all liked it. It's sooooooo good! I will certainly make it again. Thanks!